Old June 19th 04, 05:09 AM
Marty

"Teacherjh" wrote in message

IMHO, an airplane is about the worst place to watch and take pictures of
fireworks, the effects are generally washed out by the contrasting city
lights. Most fireworks only go a few hundred feet.

Fireworks (those that make up a typical municipal display) go almost a

thousand
feet up,

Few, not most.
Shells that reach close to 1/2 a mile are REALLY expensive and are used in
displays with big budgets $100,000 (like Macys), but it is not typical.
I'll concede that a show like Macys is definitely one worth a look-see from
the air! Maybe the Vancouver show has these, I don't know.

I wouldn't do that (Macys) display for all the tea in china. I respect and
applaud the guys and gals that endure the mental and physical strain that is
required by a display of that magnitude. Their work is fabulous.

Marty