Old July 12th 04, 09:15 AM
jerry Wass

OH! for a shop dwg. of one of those new clips!!! or mebby a couple of pics??

Ron Wanttaja wrote:

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 22:20:32 GMT, Orval Fairbairn
wrote:

The real problem with Goodyears is the brake clips -- you need 4 - 6 of
them on each wheel -- they now cost $20 each and wear out regularly.
I guess that Goodyear wanted to get away from the small GA business and
decided to price themselves out of the market.

I've been told I have the "last model" type of Goodyears...only three
clips, and they aren't the little metal nubs most people seem to have.
Mine are spring steel, about 2-3" long, rivet to the outside of the drum,
and have an angle at the end to fit into the brake disk and lock it in
place.

BTW, anybody got a good web site that shows an exploded diagram for
Goodyear brakes?

Ron Wanttaja