Old April 1st 04, 02:41 PM
Hankal

Default Transmissions

November 12345, a Cessna 172, 20 miles northeast of Sugarloaf Mountain, level
VFR seven thousand five hundred, en route to Winston-Salem, North Carolina."

For those who like to write lists, it would look like this:

1) FULL callsign;
2) Type aircraft;
3) Current location;
4) Current altitude and altitude to which you are climbing/descending; and,
5) Destination.

There is a method behind my madness. Most Center controllers will find this
format comfortable and oddly familiar. That's because it's the format that the
flight plan is written on a flight progress strip.

Guess I will not listen to hangar talk and continue giving the whole spiel,
until advised different.
Hank