Old November 22nd 14, 10:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

Default PowerFlarm Warnings Display Comparison

On Saturday, November 22, 2014 1:36:57 PM UTC-8, wrote:
Clearnav allows personalized alerts. You can replace the wav files with whatever works for you. Highly recommended!

For example, my 5 o'clock low alert is "traffic, right side, down low, 5 o'clock". It gets me looking right with no delay, down and then finally I scan forward or back based on the clock verbiage but I'm already immediately looking in the right general direction based on the first two audibles.

I would estimate (at least for me) that it reduces the time to pinpoint where to look by half. Course I still struggle with the big hand and the little hand so your mileage may vary.

Please provide us with a Video so we can evaluate.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com