Old November 16th 07, 10:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
kontiki

Default C-182's to avoid?

Jay Honeck wrote:

When it's only guys like you and me buying 100 LL, it *will* go away.
Every industry source I can find points to its demise, sooner than
later. (There are already FBOs reporting difficulty obtaining
supplies.)

And that's really what the Feds want... after all... the FET tax
is higher for JET-A than for 100LL.

JET-A used to be significantly lower in cost than AVGAS but of
late the price has gone up to where there isn't really a lot of
difference in price between it and 100LL. Federal taxes are
higher on JET and that's what government likes so eventually
having everyone be a slave to JET-A creates a nice warm fuzzy
environment.

Eliminate choices... force everyone into a single fuel then
when they do... sock it to 'em. We lose they win.