Old June 2nd 20, 03:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default Fatal Towplane Accident 5-9-20

On Monday, June 1, 2020 at 5:58:03 PM UTC-7, Neal Alders wrote:
I understand this particular accident was a distracted pilot issue. I was commenting on, and contributing to, the thread drift. My bad in that respect.

This still falls into another category though. Pilot discipline.

Rule number 1. FLY THE F**KING PLANE!

Rule number 2. See rule number 1.

In my studies of accidents (I am working towards getting on my Unions accident investigation team), there is never 1 reason for a crash. There is always 3.
Pilot discipline/distraction is more often in the first reason box than should be. Especially in General Aviation accidents.

Virtually ALL of kiting glider accidents involve a distracted glider non-pilot. Telling them to fly the ****ing glider will be met with "Right, as soon as I close the canopy - what's your problem?"

Tom