Old June 14th 20, 03:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George Haeh

Default Commodious Rodent Entrance in Grob 103

Last year we cleaned out and restored our club G-103.

For rodent proofing we:

* stuffed part of a stainless steel pot scrubber around the brake hose where it comes out of the gear well

* made a magnetic cover for the CG hook, and

* a diaper to fit over the bottom of the the fin and rudder junction

* left Fresh Cab mouse repellent in the cockpit over the winter

Doing the annual after Covid19 delay, we found abundant mouse droppings in several areas along with one dead and one live field mouse caught by the vacuum.

I had another look inside the gear well and discovered an open tube about an inch in diameter below and towards the center from the brake hose.

Inside that tube supports the brake reservoir. Said tube now has a stainless scrubber stuffed into both ends.

Perhaps the tube is there for the retraction mechanism of the earlier model.