View Single Post
Old June 27th 20, 06:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G
external usenet poster

Default FAA suspends Bruno Vassel's Pilot Certificate

On Friday, June 26, 2020 at 9:46:49 PM UTC-7, Charles Longley wrote:
Wow bummer! Bruno is a super nice guy. I message him occasionally on FB for advice.

Air shows are highly regulated events. I know - I have been involved in several as a volunteer. The FAA oversees each of these events, as is their duty as codified by law. All performers are expected to know the regulations, as in "ignorance of the law is no excuse." Here is an excerpt of these regulations (https://fsims.faa.gov/WDocs/8900.1/V..._006_001.htm):

1) Aerobatic Maneuvering. Requires a Statement of Aerobatic Competency (SAC) with an aerobatic maneuvering endorsement for civilian pilots (see subparagraph 3-146B).
a) In a solo flight, aerobatic maneuvering is when the pitch attitude of the aircraft is greater than 60 degrees above or below the horizon and/or the angle of bank is greater than 75 degrees in reference to the horizon.
b) In a formation flight, aerobatic maneuvering is when the pitch attitude of an aircraft is greater than 60 degrees above or below the horizon and/or the bank angle is greater than 75 degrees to the horizon.
2) Dynamic Maneuvering. Requires a SAC with a dynamic maneuvering endorsement for civilian pilots (see subparagraph 3-146B).
a) In a solo flight, dynamic maneuvering includes abrupt maneuvering, crossing maneuvers, and opposing maneuvers. The pitch and bank limitations are when the pitch attitude of the aircraft is less than or equal to 60 degrees above or below the horizon and/or the bank angle is less than or equal to 90 degrees in reference to the horizon.
b) In a formation flight, dynamic maneuvering includes formation separation, formation configuration/position changes, rejoins, crossing maneuvers, and opposing maneuvers. The pitch and bank limitations are when the pitch attitude of the aircraft is less than or equal to 60 degrees above or below the horizon and/or the bank angle is less than or equal to 75 degrees in reference to the horizon.

All of this has NOTHING to do with Boeing and aircraft certification.

Tom