Old June 28th 20, 03:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Roy B.

Default FAA suspends Bruno Vassel's Pilot Certificate

The sad part about this is that while the suspension ends after a few months the effect of it goes on forever in insurance applications ("Have you ever had any enforcement actions?"), in Glider club applications ("any incidents or suspensions?") etc. The FAA used to have a policy of expunging suspensions after a period of no further violations - but that policy ended a few years ago.

To restate what KS said, the only difference between us and Bruno is that Bruno got caught. I got caught too (low level flying in a J3 Cub within 500' of a Park Ranger I never saw). All you can do is learn from it and avoid putting yourself in a position where your flying can be criticized by the FAA. Arguing about special treatment for Boeing, for Harrison Ford, or others is pointless. We put our own shirt tail in the wringer. Bruno did a service to warn others.

ROY