Old January 2nd 21, 01:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5Z

Default GOAT ASW20

On Friday, January 1, 2021 at 5:49:51 AM UTC-7, wrote:
By comparison The ASW27 was released in 1997 with 237 produced units and the LS6 came along in
1983 with 375 produced units.
Having owned or flown all the mentioned gliders I would say that the ASW20 was the Greatest Of All Time
and even today has survived the test of time, very gracefully I might add.
How would you rate the GOAT? Bob

Don't forget that the ASG-29 is really a ASW-27-18. So it's catching up to the ASW-20 numbers.

Given a choice, I'd take the '27 over a '20. But if I had a nice '20, it would be hard to justify paying to upgrade to the '27. I went from a ASW-20b, to a ASH-26E, and now own a ASW-27b. All wonderful ships.

5Z