Old January 11th 21, 07:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

Default GOAT ASW20

On 1/11/21 11:54 AM, George Haeh wrote:

Just remember that spins in landing flap are prohibited - all explained in the manual.

I do not remember reading such in the '20 manual, and quick check on limitations and spin section does not mention this?

It's prohibited in the 27 manual. I sold my 20 five years ago and don't have that manual any more.

This is for the ASW20, apparently the original model:

ttps://mgrim.nl/_downloads/asw20l/asw20-flight-manual.pdf

Not seeing any prohibition about landing flap setting, just the verbiage
about spins with positive flaps being easier and flatter.

Maybe other variants are different.