Old November 16th 07, 05:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

Default Sears tools

"Stuart & Kathryn Fields" wrote in message
.. .
I recently purchased the Sears "Professional" Lithium batteried driver
drills. I purchased two because I was in the process of erecting a metal
building. The batteries and charger worked good but the keyless chuck on
both drills exhibit what I call "Auto Loosen". I have several other
keyless chucks in my shop and none of these exhibit the same
characteristics. I called Sears Customer Service to complain and they told
me to visit my local Sears dealer. The local Sears dealer told me to call
Customer Service. Whoa!! I've been a victim of that before. I will now
look for my tool requirements somewhere else.

Hand tools are generally average or better quality.

Sears gives its tool manufacturing (and everything else they sell) to the
lowest bidder that meets the specs.

The general rule for sears power tools, is to stay away from them.
Exceptions are if you look to see who made the item.

Shoot, I have an Emerson riding lawn mower. You can look up the prefix of
the sears item number, to see who made it. (whatever it happens to be)
http://www.owwm.com/Craftsman/Manufacturers.asp
--
Jim in NC