Old August 20th 10, 10:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default FAI Ultralight Definition

On Aug 20, 4:26*pm, Gary Osoba wrote:
On Aug 19, 11:00*am, Tony wrote:

On Aug 19, 10:42*am, Dave Nadler wrote:

On Aug 19, 6:18*am, Gary Osoba wrote:

There are other light gliders now but the ones above are those I have
personal experience flying world records with.

Best Regards,

Gary Osoba

Curious, how come you omitted Sigma from the list ?
See ya, Dave

perhaps he was limiting this report to ultralight records?

Dave's comment was both knowledgeable and tongue in cheek. While the
Carbon Dragon flies at the lightest wing loading in the sailplane
world, the Sigma, after modification by Marsden and then myself, flies
at arguably the heaviest wing loading in the world- *13.2 psf. That's
unballasted, so you fly it that way for take-off's and landings. With
22 meters of wing, its a handful at that W/S.

I haven't attempted world records in the Sigma, but it was very
helpful ands successful in verifying pitch-based dynamic soaring
algorithms.

Best Regards,

Gary Osoba

doh! for some reason I read Sigma and though Gemini. Either way.