Old March 6th 16, 04:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Wing Frequency measuring app

And remember to do this while the fuselage is in a cradle resting firmly on the ground. The tire and suspension will affect the frequency.

-Tom

On Saturday, March 5, 2016 at 6:42:49 PM UTC-8, JS wrote:
Thanks, Clyde. I know that this measurement is done at every Form Two inspection where you live.

Until this app, the device was a mark one eyeball, and counting "one, two, three, (etc) while looking at some cheap watch. Then doing it again because you're sure you lost count! The last bit probably won't change until you believe the app can count.
Jim

On Saturday, March 5, 2016 at 6:01:24 PM UTC-8, IA DPE wrote:
In order for this to be recorded in the aircraft logbook, it would have to be a FAA approved measuring device, right?

While I can see some value in knowing this reading, there would have to be standardization in the measuring device and technique I would think.