Old July 24th 17, 06:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike C

Default glue to rebond rubber tailskid to LS6

On Monday, July 24, 2017 at 10:57:19 AM UTC-6, kirk.stant wrote:
The black rubber tailskid (the one with the embedded rollerblade wheel) on my LS6 has come loose - after the last landing when I noticed grass stuck between the boom and the skid, I was able to simply pull off the skid - undamaged as far as I can tell.

Looking for suggestions on what bonding agent (and process, if needed, other than common sense cleaning and roughening) to use to reattach it.

Since it has to be able to break away in a ground loop, I assume there is an optimum (or even required) bonding strength?

I don't remember seeing this covered in my LS6 maintenance manual, but need to check it again; meanwhile, anyone have recent experience rebonding a tail skid?

Suggestions?

Kirk
66

When the skid/tail wheel came off of my Mini, I secured it again with 3M rubber cement using gorilla tape to hold it in place while it cured.

Still attached after several years.

Mike