Old September 20th 18, 06:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul T[_4_]

Default A few newbie questions about the sport

At 13:31 20 September 2018, kirk.stant wrote:
On Tuesday, September 18, 2018 at 6:00:07 PM UTC-5, Paul T wrote:

Sorry can't afford transatlantic telephone calls - I asked a fairly

simpl=
=20
question, why can't you answer this on a public forum?

Assuming you are British - do a search of BGA's excellent magazine; a

few
y=
ears ago there was an article about a student who basically soloed in 5
fli=
ghts by using Condor to prepare.=20

I believe the French CNVV has developed a full-up Condor (w/cockpit

and
big=
screens) glider simulator for use by French glider clubs.

Our own gliding club (St Louis Soaring Association) in the US is in the
pro=
cess of building up a Condor sim with realistic flight controls and
multipl=
e big screens.

Any simulator is just a training tool (Condor is technically an Aircrew
Tra=
ining Device in the lingo of the flight simulation industry) and it's
effec=
tiveness is driven by how it is used. Since the cockpit of a glider is

not
=
the best classroom, used properly Condor can be a great help to the
learnin=
g process. Learn it in the sim, practice it in the glider.

Kirk
(been using sims for training for almost 50 years now...yikes!)

You ask a simple question on here and get slaughtered - I asked a
simple question of someone who uses this method as a business , what
is typically the time saved using this method-its it really such a
difficult
question to answer? Why can't htat be answered on a public forum -
some kind of big secret or something?