Old July 30th 03, 06:05 PM
Big John

Ditch

Can you give us the story please.

When I was seconded to Navy, loss of engine in SE bird, you punched.

If he lost just at touch down, another story. No bolter ability and
hand on the ejection system if he didn't get at least the #4 wire.

Big John

On 30 Jul 2003 05:07:11 GMT, ost (Ditch) wrote:

I shook the hand of a pilot who "dead sticked" a B24.

Pretty neat dead sticking that thing.
The coolest dead stick landing (IMHO) occured on April 4, 1963 when Stu
Harrison dead-sticked an F-8 Crusader on to a carrier.

-John
*You are nothing until you have flown a Douglas, Lockheed, Grumman or North
American*