Old August 1st 03, 05:41 AM
Sydney Hoeltzli

Peter R. wrote:

When I arrived at the only FBO in Buffalo (Prior Aviation), I was initially
told by the woman behind the counter that under NO circumstances are the
landing fees waived, Angel Flight or not. After politely asking her to
reconsider, she did wave the fees but admitted that she was going against
policy and for me not to expect it again. She then told me that the land
on which the Buffalo airport resides is owned by "the Transportation
Authority" or "Port Authority" and it is they who are responsible for the
fees.

Well, it might be worth a letter to Prior Aviation asking if this
is, indeed, their policy and not simply an unaware or uninformed
employee. If it is the policy of another group (Port Authority)
ask for a contact there.

If you wish to follow up, that is.

I have found more than once that FBO employees are not aware
of or misinterpret policy.

Cheers,
Sydney