Old November 12th 04, 11:53 PM
Dan Luke

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
om...
"Peter MacPherson" wrote in message
news:464ld.24424$V41.22997@attbi_s52...
Did Delta also end an era of luxurious "management pay" by 32.5
percent?
I tend to think not.....

Executives have high saleries because they do a job few can do. Not

many people on this planet can be good CEOs. CEOs are highly paid for
the same reason NBA Basketball stars are, not many people can do those
jobs.

********. Over 15 years I watched a succession of increasingly inept
yet ever-higher-paid CEOs run the Fortune 100 company I worked for into
the ground, taking a lot of my 401K with it. My experience is by no
means unusual, either.

There is something badly wrong with corporate America. The companies
are managed for quarterly results and any chicanery to make the short
term bottom line look good is winked at by boards of directors and
federal regulators. The number one requirement for CEO candidates is a
good line of bs, not exceptional management talent.
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM