Old July 2nd 12, 04:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default Open Cirrus

On Sunday, July 1, 2012 5:28:03 PM UTC-6, Duster wrote:
Any thoughts on flight characteristics of the Open Cirrus? There used
to be a website covering this glider, but it doesn't appear to be
active since last year.

Thanks,
Mike

Looks like the old site's been abandoned as the domain's for sale.
There is a Yahoo group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Open_Cirrus/?tab=s

The German builds are fine. The VTC builds are speed restricted. CG hook only unless later modified somehow. Wings are heavy for some, so standard cautions regarding good trailer setup and rigging aids.

I've heard that a couple of people have had in-flight issues with the original seat back.

The rudder cables can become fish hooked and cut into the guides under the seat. Rudder pedals should adjust easily.

Flies and handles great. I had one with the extended wing tips which gave it really long legs. Will bring you home most days.

Frank Whiteley