Old May 24th 14, 03:21 PM
John L Fleming John L Fleming is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by son_of_flubber View Post
On Sunday, May 4, 2014 12:27:10 AM UTC-4, Waveguru wrote:
Premature termination of the tow at 100ft. Did not complete the turn back to the runway.

My sympathy to everyone touched by this tragedy.

Turning 180 back to the runway from only 100 feet AGL is unusual. I wonder why he did that.
I've been watching this thread from day one. I'm back here in New York and was a friend of Bob and am puzzled by the turn as he always had his ducks all in a row. I'm too am a glider pilot and I find it hard to believe he made a steep bank at 100 feet. Bob had accumilated 1000's of hours in both fighters and the two single engine aircraft he owned.
MAYBE, there was something wrong with the Zuni and he released because he couldn't control it?????? For instance........aileron linkage failure. I would be interested in others thoughts on this. John