Old July 6th 03, 10:02 PM
Midlant

"Eric Scheie"
Depending on what stories you want to believe, there were at one time,

some
SEALS who had taken flight training, ostensibly to provide them with

enough
knowledge to fly certain civilian aircraft.

To be fair, however, I did know a fellow who had been a crew chief on

UH-1s
with the Army in Vietnam. His story was that he was given just enough
training to enable him to fly the aircraft in the event of the pilots

being
killed or wounded. I have no reason to question the veracity of his

story,
and he never claimed to be an Army aviator, though I've never heard or

read
of an instance where this happened.

V/R

Eric Scheie

OK folks. I'm done. I don't know why it's so hard to accept. A call to
DEVRON would clear your mind on this as well. This was not braggart idle
boast that led to a sea story. It is ....what it is. The Admiral would
not have talked about it at his retirement if this was a scheme cooked
up to boast. Sorry folks.
I emailed the retirement program to Jack Donovan so he could satisfy
himself.
Not trying to make waves just presented a little known fact/program and
got flamed for it.