Old January 11th 05, 08:54 AM
Dave in San diego

Guy Alcala wrote in
:

Ogden Johnson III wrote:

snip

sarcasm dripping from every pore

Thanks for cleaning up that cut and paste job, Guy. It really
made that article readable.

/sarcasm dripping from every pore

Sorry about that, but I find that even when I reformat messages
after doing a cut and paste they often come out with bizarre
formatting, so I thought I'd leave this one alone and see what
happens. Sometimes they come through with the original formatting
intact, and sometimes (as in this case) not. If I could identify
any pattern to them I might be able to figure out what caused it,
but not being a computer geek that's hardly certain.

For that matter, I still have no idea why Googlegroups doesn't
usually wrap my lines at less than screen width, even though I've
got my line length set at 60 characters. It's okay when I send
it, sometimes okay and sometimes not when I read the NG on my
server, and almost always wrong on google, so you have to scroll
back and forth. I've tried various line length settings, with
absolutely no result on google.

Make it a two step process.

1. Copy and paste into notepad. Remove all line breaks. Put them back in
where you really want them.

2. Paste back into your Usenet client and send. That should do the trick.

Dave in San Diego