Old February 14th 07, 07:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
The Visitor

Default Average lifespan of a business jet?

Maybe try not to be the first passenger then?

I would also/moreso worry about pilot training/qualifications. Egos and
fancy outfits do not help when something does go wrong.

GrtArtiste wrote:
There's a rumor floating around the office that my company is
considering purchase of a used bizjet. They have a reputation for
trying to do things on the cheap and seem to be partial to Citations
because we're located in a town that has a Cessna repair facility.
I've seen multiple listings for such planes varying from 15-20 years
and older with TT ranging from as few as 3700 up to 10000-12000. So I
wonder...how old (how many hours) does such a plane get before it has
(generally speaking) outlived it's usefulness? Depending on what they
decide to buy, I'll have to determine whether or not I want to fly in
it.

GrtArtistea non-pilot, not wanting to end up like Payne Stewart