Old August 9th 10, 07:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
brianDG303[_2_]

Default Uvalde fatality

On Aug 9, 9:09*am, Walt Connelly Walt.Connelly.
wrote:
'brianDG303[_2_ Wrote:

;736923']On Aug 6, 1:21*pm, JJ Sinclair wrote:-
When Chris started a new magazine (Soaring Pilot) *a few years back,
he asked me to write a colum titled (In the Barn) where I would tell
the tale of the last flight of a ship that ended up in my spare parts
barn. Sadly, Chris's ship now has a tale to tell of its last flight.
This is a beautiful sport, but it can bite you.
Rest in peace old friend, I'll meet you under that distant Cu, some
day.
JJ-

That makes 4 fatal glider accidents in the US alone in 4 weeks.

Is there somewhere where one can identify these accidents and their
potential causes? *I follow gliding quite closely and I would presume
that unless the accident was at a national meet such as O'C's or local
to you, it would not get much national coverage. *Please advise if you
can as the location and nature of the other three accidents within the
last four weeks.

Walt

--
Walt Connelly

Google NTSB
then hit Aviation
then hit Accident Database & Synopses

this will give you a lot of information in it's database but does not
usually mention CONTEST which seems to be a big factor in accidents.