Old July 4th 03, 03:56 PM
Michael Wise

In article ,
"Giz" wrote:

It will be a sad day when the all these squadrons are gone. It

was
fun
while it lasted. John Larson LCDR(Ret) VP-90 1984-1994, NAS

Glenview
IL.

Big surprise. I thought Clinton was bad, Bush is even worse. He
already cut Veterans Benefits by millions of dollars while telling

our
troops what a good job they are doing. Talk about 2-faced. At ther
rate he's going I won't be surprised
I've been a republican all my life, but I have to look at this
adminustration and ask "What has he done for the country?"

Walt
CPO, UNS, Ret.

He can't fix 8 years of abuse overnight.

How does slashing veterans benefits come anything close to approaching

fix for what you call "8 years of abuse"? Face it, Bush Jr., like his
pappy, doesn't give two ****s about vets. He talks the armchair "Rah

rah
military" talk from the safety and comfort of somebody from a family
wealthy and connected enough to ensure never being sent in harms
way...but at the end of the day, he's like the rest of those

do-nothing
privileged stooges at the top and given the choice of protecting his

the
already obscene profits of his lackey friends and contributors or
funding programs to benefit those who served their country and even

shed
blood for it...will always side with his cronies.

Republican or Democrat, it makes no difference...servicemen are just
their pawns....although Republicans are pretty good about lying to

deny
that.

Whatever, believe it or not there are issues that we are more

interested in
than
on base housing, larger pay raises, ect.

These are active duty issues; not veterans ones.

Veterans are more interested in keeping benfits or benefit eligibility
for something like a service-connected disability (maybe taking a bullet
or their country or permanent disability from any number of combatant or
peacetime functions).

I'd like parts to keep my bird in
the air
and FMC. The issues you speak of don't mean **** if we don't come back.
I'm
certainly not overpaid, but at the same time I'm not on foodstamps or

know
any
who are. I know that they are out there,

Great, but we're talking about veterans here. Do you undertand the
difference between active duty and veteran? Veterans have already done
there time. It is they who Bush Jr., like his pappy before him, are
slashing benefits for,

You brought the veteran's issues into a thread that was discussing the
current and future state of Navy Air. Not exactly a "veteran's issue".
Thank you for your service and have a happy 4th, but if you can't
accept that this thread will follow along on the issues it is concerned
with, then find somewhere else to grind your axe or start a new thread.

False, Walt brought veterans issues into the thread and I responded to
that. Thank you for your service as well, but if you're reading
comprehension skills are that off, perhaps you should avoid
participating in any thread.

--Mike