Old September 2nd 03, 09:50 PM
Doug \Woody\ and Erin Beal

On 9/1/03 9:23 AM, in article ,
"Elmshoot" wrote:

I may have the details wrong but here goes. In Whidbey in the early 80's we
had
a guy named Dick Sowel He was a flight surgon and a Rag instructor in VA-128.
had him as an instructor. I think he was a Marine A-6 pilot first. Got out and
went to Med school then came back in the Navy as a Flt Sturgon.

Sparky

I also remember a Pilot/Flight Surgeon from the Lake.

There were a total of about 6 by 1995 (and I think that was a decrease). I
knew 1 from the test community at the Lake (Doc Schindler). He flew Hornets
at VX-9 to evaluate Navy Combat Edge. As I recall (from reputation only...
never flew with the guy), it was one of those "jack of all trades master of
none" scenarios.

Not a bad guy though.

--Woody