Old July 25th 03, 07:28 PM
Margy Natalie

Larry Dighera wrote:

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 14:14:19 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote in Message-Id:
%WaUa.144094$Ph3.18630@sccrnsc04:

Come enjoy the beer,...

Perhaps I'm overlooking something, but *publicly* providing
intoxicating liquor to pilots en route to KOSH seem less than prudent
to me.

Let's see, I've invited folks on this forum to a picnic at my house (as I
have in the past). There was alcohol there (hell, it was a party) and
some folks flew in. I have couch space if needed and stated it. Jay has
a damned HOTEL for you to stay in if you choose to drink. En route does
not mean have a beer and take-off.

How concerned are you about your civil liability for supplying
alcoholic beverages to en route airman? Do you demand to know who the
"designated pilot" is before serving? Is the location of the free
beer on the airport grounds? Isn't a state liquor license required to
publicly dispense intoxicating liquor legally?

Haven't you been reading the details? It's a party, at a hotel. A
private party at that, Jay has invited his FRIENDS from the net.

I don't want to be a "wet blanket," but *publicly* providing liquor to
pilots seems foolish to me.

Go stick yourself in the dryer.

Margy