Old April 26th 08, 06:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
WingFlaps

Default limit of trim = limit of travel?

On Apr 27, 12:09*am, Mxsmanic wrote:
Bertie the Bunyip writes:
I've flown a few that couldn't even be trimmed for slow flight or approach
( pre war stuff) The trim was apparently only considered to be useful for
cruise.

Interesting. *I was flying my simulated Cessna 182 and it didn't seem like the
pitch trim fully deflected the elevators even with the trim all the way over
(that is, I could still move the yoke to get even further deflection). *It
sounds like this is true to life.

Look at the size of a trim surface and the size of the elevator. Think
about which one is more powerful. You can't stall a 182 with full
trim, but you can with the yoke. OK?

Cheers