Old March 15th 21, 12:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Guy Acheson[_2_]

Default Glidecoat.com Ceramic Coating for gel coat marine good for gliders?

Being an automotive detailing junkie I can tell you that nothing beats the look and feel of a high level wax finish.
The key here is to have a base layer of ceramic coating and you are regularly applying a wax top coat for the look and feel of the ultimate love for your machine.
The benefit to the owner is that the wax top coat can be a spray and wipe system.
I have used the spray and wipe system for almost five years on my planes.
It makes removing the bugs very easy and it takes very little elbow grease.
Doesn't matter what spray and wipe wax you use. I usually buy whatever is on sale.
A very well respected sailplane repair person once told me that it doesn't really matter what wax you use, just use it regularly.
The repair people act as if everyone has used a "forbidden" product on their planes before doing repair work (ie. silicones) so that repairs will be successful.
My planes are 20+ years old and look like new.