Old November 30th 04, 04:19 PM
Newps

John Harlow wrote:

Plenty of people willing to offer me credit, those who have crappy
support, get the Scissor treatment. I usually have a few in the
drawer because they were giving something away for enrolling (Margy
needed at hat at Oshkosh once so we got EAA Visa cards lying around
in the drawer).

For those interested in improving their credit ratings: it can be
detrimental to have several open credit lines (with balances or not) as
potential lenders will consider the possibility of you running up balances
and not being able to pay their debt back. Make sure you call credit card
companies you have unnecessary credit with and cancel directly with them -
cutting up the card isn't good enough.

Actually it's the opposite. You do not want to be closing down a bunch
of cards where the only reson is you don't need it. Do a google search
on credit rating. Saw a guy on TV explain it. The new system values
the amount of time each of your accounts has been open. A bunch of
accounts open a short time and then closed is very bad. In fact a
twentysomething kid is not able to get as high a credit score as an
average 50 something simply because of the time factor.