Old July 2nd 04, 02:49 PM
Andy Durbin

"Ted Wagner" wrote in message news:JZ6Fc.28800$6r1.16424@fed1read06...
I'll be using this combination for the first time this weekend. If anyone
has an suggestions on how to set tasks (on the ground and in the air) and
how best to use the 302 in flight (e.g., what "page" to leave it on most of
the time) I'd love to hear your comments.

Advance thanks,

-ted

Set the 302 altimeter, the default power up page, then set it page 1
where the knob controls the vario volume. Do ballast, bugs and MC
setting from the PDA and you never need to change the 302 page in
flight. Except perhaps for an altimeter adjustment before starting
final glide. If you don't do it this way there is a high risk you will
accidentally mis-set the 302 altimeter or MC by being on the wrong
page when attemting to adjust the volume.

The factory recommended audio and pointer time constants work well.

Andy