Old February 5th 07, 03:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Paul kgyy

Default "Rolling" to ATC

On Feb 4, 8:08 pm, Sam Spade wrote:
paul kgyy wrote:
On Feb 4, 11:59 am, Mxsmanic wrote:

Under what conditions, if any, would you explicitly tell ATC that you
are rolling, that is, actually rolling on the runway for take-off?

I hear this used occasionally, but I don't know if there are any
formal circumstances that merit it, or if it is just at pilot
discretion, or what. It is normally independent of the readback of
the take-off clearance (which precedes it), although sometimes I hear
"Rolling" without a readback of the clearance.

Tower: United xxy, cleared for takeoff, turn to heading 225
United xxy: United xxy, rolling, turn to 225

I think it would be "United xxy, turn to heading 225, cleared for takeoff."

"Rolling" is pure slang.

Correction accepted;
Slang, yes, but have often heard it.