Old November 29th 07, 08:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sönke Gutzlaff

Default New winch height record

"Dan G" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
On Nov 28, 6:22 pm, "Sönke Gutzlaff" wrote:
950m steel cable + 350hp winch + 20km/h wind + ASK21 = 750m or 78%.
More high was possible, but airspace class C begins at 750m above our
airfield so I had to release the cable.

I think the ASK21 gets the best high on winchlaunch. Our DG1000 always
gets
25% less high.

Greetings,
Sönke

Sönke, what speed do you fly at on the winch, and how much back
pressure do you apply to the stick?

Around 100km/h and the stick full pulled back (I know that's not the optimal
position).
Another helpfull fact is, that the wind is getting stronger when you get
higher so the plane is flying like a kite.
But there are only 1 or 2 days during the year when we have such perfect
wind. Normaly we are reaching around 500m with the 21.

Sönke