Old November 29th 07, 08:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan G

Default New winch height record

On Nov 29, 8:13 pm, "Sönke Gutzlaff" wrote:
Around 100km/h and the stick full pulled back (I know that's not the optimal
position)

Judging by your results that's optimal ;-). However at 54 knots and
full back stick you must have been fairly close to the stall. With the
K21's hook being pretty much on the CG point (unlike, say, a K13's
quite forwards hook) I'd worry about what happens on a cable break. If
you were really switched on I expect it would be fine but with a
moment's hesitation you could end up very nose-high without much
speed...

Dan