Old July 7th 15, 02:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ron Gleason

Default 2015 Nephi OLC/XC Final Report

On Monday, 6 July 2015 18:34:46 UTC-6, Mike the Strike wrote:
Bruno was an energetic and genial organizer with a great team backing him up. I and everyone I met there had a great time. The venue worked well with a pretty efficient gridding and launching and absolutely no landing problems - the combination of good radio procedures with Flarm enabled many gliders to land in a short space of time.

The weather was reasonable, but not as good as it can be. Overdevelopment and low cloud bases restricted the more faint hearted from pushing as far as they could, but despite this we had many great and fast flights. The Great Basin is one of the best soaring areas in the world and the Utah mountains on the East side are just spectacular. Nephi is well positioned to take advantage of these.

Of course, not everything was perfect and there were a few minor niggles, but the team is well aware of them and I have every confidence the site will continue to improve.

Mike

I am afraid to ask you to publicly to define and identify the 'few minor niggles'