Old September 7th 15, 09:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim White[_3_]

Default How do we inspire pilots to truly take up cross country soaring ?

At 18:59 06 September 2015, wrote:
At the age of 17 I did a weeks course at North Weald in a KA7 on a reverse
auto-tow. Launches to 600ft or so, quick circuit and landing. I didn't see
the point!

At the age of 38 I did a weeks course at Booker in a K21 and got to fly XC
in the Duo with an expert. I was hooked.

IMO it is important to demonstrate to potential new members that gliding is
a sport, not transport. Learning to fly is challenging, flying XC is life
changing.

Jim