Old February 23rd 07, 11:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Al G[_1_]

Default artificial horizon

"Dan" wrote in message
CW Crane wrote:
"DavidH" wrote:

Greetings flying folk,
I am seeking an economical AH, or turn coordinator system.
My needs are to provide some assistance when
VFR and the vis is poorly
or if when VFR on top the gaps are closing
or on top and the cloud tops are not horozontal.
.
Any suggestions on minimal systems greatly appreciated.
many thanks
David Hill

How about a turn coordinator with a small venturi vacuum source?

CW Crane

Carry a cat and a duck with you. If you get lost heave the duck out and
follow it. If you aren't sure of which way is up heave the cat out and see
which way it points its feet since they always land on their feet. I admit
it's kind of hard on the cat, but they are cheaper than mechanical
indicators.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

If you get a cat with only a couple of lives left, he will stick to the
bottom
of the cabin, even if that is the roof. You don't even have to throw him
out, just
roll until he lands on the same floor you use. Be careful following the
duck, sometimes they will "duck" under and land in the pond.

Al G