Old September 25th 08, 05:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Anthony W

Default Hey Chuck, look who owns two Hawks!!!

wrote:

The flyer has a Rotax 503 but I am in the market for something with
a little more omph like a 582 or a 65 Hirth. The project is to be
determined again probably a 582 or a Hirth. I got my eye on a Hirth
that had been modified with a balanced flywheel and the front bearing
mod.

I never thought that I would have any interest in this type of plane
but now that I have had my paws deep into one I'm pretty impressed.
When you really take a serious look at a Hawk you will find that it is
well designed. Not only is it a safe structure but about as easy to
assemble as any aircraft on the market. If I didn't think it was safe
or good value I sure as hell wouldn't have bought the second one.

Frank M.Hitlaw at the Hawk Hideout

I've always thought the Hawk II would be a good LSA plane but my funds
don't stretch far enough for the kit. When I finally get there, I'm
looking to the Double Eagle.

Tony