Old June 3rd 18, 12:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default ADSB out in tow planes

On Saturday, June 2, 2018 at 3:44:54 PM UTC-7, jfitch wrote:
On Saturday, June 2, 2018 at 2:18:17 PM UTC-7, Charles Longley wrote:
Those are all excellent points! Glad I asked the question.

You CAN display Flarm targets on an iPad, but it requires a specific installation. You will need an Air Connect interface and the iGlide software from Air Avionics. The Air Connect uses the RS-232 stream from the Flarm and sends it via WiFi to the iPad. On the iPad, iGlide will display all the targets that PowerFlarm can see, which will be Flarm equipped gliders and ADS-B traffic. You can also use iGlide for navigation as it is a full tactical computer with GPS moving map, airspace, etc. There is a variation of it called iPilot for GA aircraft, but I don't think it will connect to the Flarm.

Another app that will display Flarm on an iPad is Winpilot Live (still requires the Air Connect). Both apps are on the Apple app store. The Air Connect can be had from Craggy Aero, installation is simple on a PowerFlarm, one plug for power and data.

Yes, but to be clear, that can't display on Foreflight (a just *wonderful* GA app), which was the original question. And since he already has an Oudie and C302 I know what I'd be doing... adding a PowerFLARM and K6 Mux and possibly a Flarmview display.