Old January 21st 04, 02:34 AM
plumbus bobbus

"C J Campbell" wrote in message

I have no problem with flying the ILS at 90 or 100 knots if the ceiling is
well above minimums, but it seems to me that if the ceiling is 200 feet
overcast you ought to be flying the approach slowly enough that you can

land
at that speed. You don't need to configure for a short field landing, but
you are not going to slow from 90 knots to 60 in a Skyhawk in only 200

feet
of altitude, especially if you can't risk ballooning back up into the

soup.

I am not sure I understand. Slowing from 90 kts to landing from 200 feet
should not be a problem for a moderately skilled pilot on an average sized
ILS runway (4000 ft or more).

That is what one would expect from an instrument rated pilot, no?