Old February 7th 07, 05:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

Default 60 degree Mopar V6 for homebuilt?

Instead of the Javelin Ford, which appears totally dead, or the Chevy
V6 that is 3/4 a small block has nayone thought about flying the
pushrod Chrysler V6? They are becoming available pretty cheap.

From my experience in cars, they are pretty cheap because they are crap,
or next to it.
--

I have heard that enough times to wonder it there might be some basis;
OTOH, back when they were still current production, my local Chrysler dealer

I don't recall whether they were bimetal or aluminum block engines, but
adiquate and consistent cooling is *very* important with aluminum heads on
an iron block.

Also, some of the newer designs may be lighter, although I don't know the
weight of either.

BTW, Ford had a 3.0L and GM had a similar engine that may have been the
3.4L, which were both just about as compact as the Chrysler 3.0L and 3.3L
engines.

Peter