Old October 18th 04, 04:29 AM
Chuck

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
news:jPFcd.410304$Fg5.66323@attbi_s53...
Coming back from Pella (near Des Moines) today we over-flew a poor sap who
was apparently sitting on his microphone. Worse, he had the incredible
misfortune of being the last person in a flight of three to land, and

while
they landed ahead of him he gave a long, critical, and quite profane

running
review of his "friend's" landings to his co-pilot -- and also,

unknowingly,
live on the air, to every pilot in the Midwest.

After he landed, we could hear the guy shut down, and someone yelling at
him. Then the mike went dead. It was quite hilarious.

Aside from the obvious lessons to be learned from this (like, always be
careful what you say, in case you're transmitting!), we just could NOT
believe the number of pilots who tried to call the guy with the stuck

mike!
For some strange reason, half a dozen folks, both on the ground and in the
air, somehow believed that a radio that is transmitting could also receive
at the same time, so they were broadcasting stupid stuff like "AIRCRAFT

WITH
THE STUCK MIKE, PLEASE CHECK YOUR MICROPHONE..."

Obviously (or so I thought) anyone with a basic knowledge of how a 2-way
radio works knows that the receiver is necessarily cut off during
transmissions -- but apparently there are a fair number of people who

don't
have a firm grasp on this concept.

At work, we carry radios to communicate with each other.

Half of those goofballs do the same thing. "Hey Don... You mic is stuck!"
Like he can hear them! haha

The best one so far was when my boss was taking... well... a number two. I
guess that his radio had hit the ground or his boot or something, but
anyways, you could hear all of the sounds associated with a number two as
well as him carrying on a conversation while he was sitting on the toilet!
What a putz!

---