Old January 29th 04, 08:55 PM
C J Campbell

"FurorInbound" wrote in message
| Yes. Wait for the GARMIN 296, which is due out in a few weeks. It is a
color
| version of the 196. GARMIN has let a few people see the 296, on pain of
| death if they reveal its existence -- which is the surest way to get free
| publicity that I know of.
|
| I called Garmin today based on your comments. The rep I talked to stated
that
| they were not coming out with a color screen for the 196.

Who said anything about a color screen for the 196?

OK, Garmin is very secretive. They don't tell the reps anything. At
Arlington last year I had photos in hand of the Garmin 1000 and the reps
knew nothing about it even though Cessna had already announced that they
were putting the system in the Mustang.

The 296 is coming. The only question is when. I suspect they may introduce
it at Sun 'n' Fun.