Old May 16th 05, 04:24 AM
private

Glad to be of help. I would recommend these manuals to any student of
weather and would suggest they be required reading for anyone planning a
visit. There are good sections on mountain weather that would be of
interest to anyone flying to Alaska.

I totally agree with other posters that the most important survival
equipment (next to what is between your ears) is insect repellent. I would
also suggest tight weave long sleeve shirts. Often it is sufficient to
apply repellant only to clothing cuffs and collars and to your hat, but make
sure you have lots. Deet is good and many like Avon "skin so soft".

Blue skies to all

"JJS" jschneider@remove socks cebridge.net wrote in message

"private" wrote in message

snip