Old October 22nd 07, 06:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
C J Campbell[_1_]

Default Mounties Electrocute Airline Passenger

On 2007-10-21 22:44:53 -0700, Jim Logajan said:

So, I do not see anyone being particularly pro-business right now.

I prefer pro-free-enterprise over pro-business. Already had plenty of pro-
big-business politicos in DC and freedom was getting its ass kicked.

Fine. Pro-free-enterprise it is, then.

Every candidate seems hung up either on the war in Iraq or on abortion
or building a fence on the border, none of which is critical to
financial growth. Every one of them has expressed trade protectionist
views which range from disturbing to downright alarming. Whatever
happened to "Free trade and free men!" which was the historical battle
cry of the GOP? Who carries that banner today?

Beats me. According to you the powerless party I've been throwing away my
vote on also isn't what I thought it was.

It certainly is not what it used to be. The party that preserved the
Union, industrialized the North, abolished slavery, and opened the
borders to trade is now talking about protectionist trade barriers and
reduced to fretting over stem cells and illegal aliens.

--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor