Old June 19th 20, 02:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default tow rope handling

On Thursday, June 18, 2020 at 7:53:03 PM UTC-5, wrote:
What's a good way to wind up a tow rope quickly and easily, store it, and unwind it again without it getting into tangle?

I remember that the Scottish Gliding Union had a good method back in the 70s, can any member explain that?

The way our club does it is to match the 2 ends and tie them together. Then take this tied end and match it to the other end. Tie this in a knot. Then repeat 2 more times. To un-do the tied up rope simply un-knot the first knot, then the second etc. Keeps it free of tangles.