Old May 24th 21, 10:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Glenn Betzoldt[_2_]

Default IGCDroid Android IGC flight recorder is now free

On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 5:20:44 PM UTC-4, Tony wrote:
On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 3:33:22 PM UTC-5, Alan Walls wrote:
Hi All,
I'm the developer of IGCDroid. My mistake is your gain... IGCDroid is now free for everybody, forever. Enjoy.

For those that don't know, IGCDroid is a simple IGC flight recorder for your Android cell phone. Additionally, it allows real time flight tracking with either glideport.aero (aka SSA tracker) or skylines.aero web sites.

The remainder of this post is me venting at Google, nothing gliding related.

Google locked my developer payment account because I refused to give them a copy of my passport... Google wanted my passport details to satisfy Brazilian legal sales requirements. OK, so I turned off sales to Brazil. Not ideal, but it is Brazilian law. Not good enough as Google has already sold to a customer in Brazil. OK. so please refund that customer's purchase. Sorry, we can't do that and we will keep your payment account locked until you send us your passport details.

So the current situation is Google is block all purchases (not that I have much) from anywhere in the world for any apps I develop until I send them my Passport details. All this because I mistakenly left Brazil on my "sell to" list. To me this feels like extortion.

So from now on, Google gets no more app store money from me. Enjoy.

Thanks for listening to by rant.
Alan

Alan,

I'm sorry about the situation but I want you to know that your contribution to the sport with this app has been wonderful!

Leah and many of my friends/family members love following along with my flights. It's a great way to share the experience.

Your Skew-T app is also my go-to first look for most of my weather briefings, whether that be powered or unpowered flight.

Change Leah to Laura and I go with what Tony said.
GB