Old March 7th 08, 07:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder[_2_]

Default A Call to Arms from Richard VanGrunsven

Acepilot wrote:
What is a "Pro Built"? I would take it to mean that an experimental
"kit" was built by somebody like Cessna or Piper, etc. As an amateur
builder, am I a "novice" when I complete it? Will I turn pro after I
finish a second one? I'd tend to say that an airplane built by Joe Blow
for somebody else is still amateur built, but the owner who applies for
the repairman certificate should not be able to get it if they
themselves did not build 51%.

Scott

Ace you might want to read the thread there Ace. A "pro-built" in the
context of this thread is a a person that is building an aircraft under
the guise of the homebuilt rules for profit instead for recreation and
education as allowed by the law.

I used to term "pro-built" instead of the more apt "law breaking,
risking my ability to build an airplane, asshole."