Old March 7th 08, 07:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
cavelamb himself[_4_]

Default A Call to Arms from Richard VanGrunsven

Larry Dighera wrote:

snipping here - to set a good example...

Personally, I see no reason for our government to intrude on our
freedom to commission the construction of an aircraft. If the FAA is
going to permit the sale and operation by non-builders of aircraft
licensed as experimental, the ban on having one built for you seems at
least inconsistent. And the implication that having personally
constructed the aircraft somehow enhances its performance or
suitability for operation in the NAS is ludicrous, IMO. To me, the
51% policy smacks of protectionism for normal/utility aircraft
manufacturers.

You never had the freedom to commissioon the construction of an aircraft.